Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 2 Action Research- What I learned

This week I've learned that Action Research can be done on pretty much any topic that is applicable to an administrator.  It is interesting to see the way research is an everyday part (or should be) of the life of a principal.  The 9 areas of passion were so easily applicable to my campus, as well as my previous campuses where I have taught.  I was moved to elementary school last year from middle school, and now that I have begun this administrative process, I am so grateful for the 2 years of elementary experience.  I am able to take these topics of passion and relate them to not only one setting, but to 3 different socio/economic backgrounds, different school cultures and different curriculums.  I think I mentioned this last time, but I see more and more how action research is something good teachers have done in their classrooms all along, just put into a more refined and specific process.  The areas of passion help the administrator to narrow the topic down even more so that it makes it easier to focus on a specific area he/she wishes to address.  From the videos... I enjoed seeing how research is viewed so similarly between districts with such different makeups.

I'm looking forward to finalizing my area of research and getting started on the data collection process!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! I am looking forward to following your blog on your journey. I just read your "About Me" and I have 2 children too! We sound like we have lots in common - teacher, 2 kids, and the goal of being a principal. Good luck through all your research! I will be following your progress. Would love for you to follow mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I see more and more how action research is something good teachers have done in their classrooms all along, just put into a more refined and specific process. "
    I agree! When I first learned about action research I fell in love. It’s the best kind of research. :) I think each yr. I have done action research just never wrote it all out. I wish I had. I am finding the older I get the less I remember! I need to write everything down.

    ReplyDelete