Followers

Monday, September 30, 2013

Action Research Update!!

So far I have met with administrators to discuss the ipad initiative at length.  To get a feel for what the curriculum looks like with the ipads I have looked at the programs myself.  I have also developed a survey that will be sent out to teachers and to parents to determine the perceived effectiveness of the program on student enganement and achievement. The survey will also question the willingness of the teachers to participate in the program fully, even though it means learning new software, new language, and spending extra time preparing lessons so that they are comfortable with the apps and programs before they present the material to their students.  This survey will be handed out closer to the semeseter, when all of the newer teachers have had time to get used to the program.  Another step I have taken is to disaggregate all of the state and district assessment data from the last two years at our school.  I am particularly interested in following the same group of kids for 2 years to guage their scores before they began with the ipads and to measure growth across the time they have had the ipads.  So far it looks like the scores last year were higher for the same group of kids in math and science.  I am curious to see how the scores from this year will grow or change.  I am working with the counselor as well as administration to guage the overall effectiveness of the program.  There are a lot of variables to consider, and I hope that I am able to paint an accurate portrait of whether or not spending that extra money was worth it in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment